- This event has passed.
The Ontario By Bike Network certifies tourism businesses as bicycle friendly, helping businesses reach the growing number of cycle tourists.
About this Event
The Ontario By Bike Network certifies tourism businesses and locations as bicycle friendly, helping businesses reach the growing number of cycle tourists in Ontario, promoting and further developing cycle tourism in destinations across Ontario.
As your region has been participating in the Network since 2012 with the last program renewal in 2020, we would like to invite you to participate in the upcoming Ontario By Bike webinar: Destination Bike – Welcoming Cyclists in Kawartha Lakes, Peterborough & the Kawarthas.
Why Participate in Webinar?
- Now more than ever, cycling and cycle tourism is increasingly popular
- Become more familiar with cycle tourism market and find out how welcoming cyclists can be good for business
- Hear about updates to local, regional and provincial promotions and projects supporting cycling and cycle tourism
- Updates on cycle tourism market impact, forecasts and industry recovery
- Get a refresher on certification criteria for bicycle friendly businesses
- Uncover new business opportunities
Who Should Participate in Webinar?
- Tourism businesses and locations already certified as bicycle friendly
- New staff, managers, owners of tourism businesses and locations already participating in Network
- Staff, managers, owners of new tourism businesses and locations interested in becoming certified as bicycle friendly
- Interested tourism stakeholders, organizations and contacts
About the Webinar:
- Free and easy to participate
- Teleconference option also available
- Streamlined presentation with relevant and concise content
- Webinar is scheduled for a duration of 60 minutes maximum
Ontario By Bike Network Participation:
The Network is open to accommodations, food service providers, destination attractions business areas and other cycling-related businesses wanting to attract cycle tourists to their location. The following requirements must be met to become a certified bicycle friendly location and participate in the Network
- Meet the minimum requirements as set out in the Ontario By Bike Network industry standards and criteria checklist – preview here
- Register location with Ontario By Bike on-line
- If you are already a certified business location, ensure that your information is up-to-date, by reviewing your listing on our website
Brought to you by: