[Peterborough, ON] The Peterborough & the Kawarthas Economic Development (PKED) Board of Directors is accepting applications for new board members to serve for a 3-year term beginning in April 2023. Ideal applicants will have demonstrated leadership in their industry, their commitment to the region’s growth and prosperity and will be capable of representing broad regional interests, and not just those of a specific industry, organization, or group.
A PKED board director should:
- Feel passionate about growing the regional economy and willing to invest time and expertise into guiding PKED to fulfill its mission and mandate.
- Possess a deep understanding of current business issues and trends and is committed to seeking solutions
- Be committed to supporting the PKED team to capitalize on/pursue opportunities
- Be well connected to the local business community, and committed to attending local business events
- Be familiar with community economic development programs, policies and activities related investment attraction and growth
- Understand how economic development seeks to improve the economic well-being and quality of life of a community by creating and retaining jobs and providing a stable tax base
- Be age of majority, live or be employed in the City or County Peterborough
- Have a post-secondary education or relevant business experience
- Have previous board experience
- Have a background in one or more of the following sectors is ideal: Advanced Manufacturing, Aerospace, Agriculture, Cleantech, Tourism and Small Business
- Demonstrate excellent leadership skills, resourcefulness, and the ability to act collaboratively.
- Have time and capacity available to meaningfully prepare for and participate in board meetings, discussions and PKED events.
The board meets monthly and there may be additional committee or special meetings from time to time.
Applications from interested members of the public can be submitted by sending a resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before December 10th, 2022. Applications received after this date will be held on file for the next recruitment period.
Apply today at www.investptbo.ca/about-us/opportunities-with-us/
– 30 –