Study in Peterborough & the Kawarthas
Collaboration. Life-Long Learning.
Study Here: First-rate educational opportunities are offered through respected local private and post-secondary institutions.
Peterborough & the Kawarthas’ is home to three internationally recognized post-secondary education institutions in Fleming College, Trent University, and Seneca College‘s School of Aviation that provide top-quality talent to local businesses. These education institutions are an international draw, with students coming from all across the globe to study.
Trent is Ontario’s top undergraduate university providing a transformative learning experience, recognized for creating global citizens prepared for leadership and career success.
Trent has introduced a new 12-month Community Concierge program to help support 60 multi-year partnership agreements between the University and local Employers.
How does innovative education and real-world experience sound to you?
Fleming College is on a mission to empower students with the innovative education, research and real-world experience they will need to build better lives, better communities and a better world.
Want an education that will actually take you somewhere?
Seneca College is one of Canada’s premier aviation schools and a national leader in aviation education. Renowned internationally for quality graduates, expert faculty and strong industry partnerships.
Great Students flourish in great environments.
Lakefield College School is Canada’s top university prep, boarding, and day school in Ontario.
Study at the Peterborough Airport through Seneca College’s School of Aviation
Seneca’s Peterborough campus is a world-class home to students from the school of aviation. Home to Seneca’s fleet of aircraft and flight training devices, used by students in the Honours Bachelor of Aviation Technology and Airline Pilot Flight Operations programs. Flight training and classroom instruction for students is carried out at the Peterborough Municipal Airport.
Kawartha Trades & Technology Centre
An 87,000-square-foot, world-class training facility built to LEED environmental and energy efficiency standards located at Fleming College’s Sutherland Campus in Peterborough. The centerpiece of the Kawartha Trades and Technology Centre (KTTC) is the Skills Arena, a large, naturally lit space in which students from various trades programs learn together in an integrated setting. A three-storey structure within the Skills Arena, called the Kube, is itself an educational tool. The structure enables students to see and understand how different components and trades are related and interdependent during stages of a construction project. Many of the School of Trades and Technology programs are hosted at the KTTC.
Top Non-Academic Reasons to Study in Peterborough
- A wealth of jobs available for students throughout the community
- A brewing local craft beverage scene with a variety of unique breweries, distilleries and wineries to choose from
- A region-wide commitment to connecting business and industry to academia
- An interconnected network of recreational trails for walking, rollerblading and cycling, connected to Trent University and Fleming College
- Recreation and fitness facilities located both on and off campus
- Access to a variety of global companies with local offices and facilities to help you jump-start your career
- Access to four-seasons of outdoor activities to escape campus life
- Vibrant nightlife – dozens of pubs, bars and nightclubs
- Active arts and entertainment scene
- 100’s of restaurants and cafes, many of which feature fresh local flavours
- Public transit connected to Fleming College and Trent University