Peterborough & the Kawarthas Economic Development
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
PKED collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide PKED with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
PKED collects your data so that we can provide you with the information that you have requested via our “Contact Us” page. We will not share your data with anyone else.
How do we store your data?
PKED securely stores your data on Google Cloud servers located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
PKED does not automatically delete your data after a set amount of time. To request any data with personally identifiable information of yours be deleted, please contact email@example.com.
PKED will send you information about products and services of ours that you have requested (i.e. our monthly newsletter, workshops, events)
What are your data protection rights?
PKED would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request PKED for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that PKED correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request PKED to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that PKED erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that PKED restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to PKED’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that PKED transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call us at: 705-743-0777 ext. 2162
Or write to us: 270 George Street North, Suite 102, Peterborough, ON K9J 3H1
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – PKED uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – PKED uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. PKED sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- When you use the Live Chat function on our website, Getwebcraft Limited (Getsitecontrol) collects your IP address, location, OS, browser and device type.
- Facebook uses __fbp to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Call us: 705-743-0777
Or write to us at: Director of Operations, 270 George Street North, Suite 102, Peterborough, ON K9J 3H1
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that PKED has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario.
Address: 2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400, Toronto, ON M4W 1A8