- This event has passed.
Market Research Workshop – Delivered by Innovation Cluster
Market research is one of the most important steps in taking your product to market – but is often forgotten, or worse, poorly done. Our Market Research workshop is your gateway to understanding and harnessing the invaluable insights that can transform your business strategy, enabling you to make data-driven decisions that drive success.
In this engaging and practical workshop, you will:
- Master the Basics: Gain a solid foundation in market research fundamentals, including defining your target audience, understanding industry trends, and identifying your competition.
- Learn Tools of the Trade: Explore a variety of research tools, both traditional and digital, that will empower you to gather and analyze data effectively.
- Gain Consumer Insights: Discover how to decipher consumer behavior, preferences, and pain points to develop products and services that truly resonate with your target market.
- Develop Competitor Analysis: Learn how to dissect your competitors’ strategies, strengths, and weaknesses, enabling you to position your brand for success.
- Avoid Biases: Understand how market research can be undone by bias in data collection and interpretation.
Jason Fiorotto is a highly successful marketing leader with 25+ years of experience with companies ranging from private equity-backed 50-person start-ups to Fortune 50 global brands. Jason has a hands-on, analytical, and collaborative style that enables him to lead organizational change with great success.
Jason is known for up-leveling brand and messaging and driving alignment among sales, marketing, and product teams to drive revenue growth. His expertise ranges across marketing and go-to-market functions, having held leadership roles in marketing strategy, sales development, demand generation, branding and messaging, revenue operations, digital marketing and PR.
Jason has held several senior-level positions, most recently as Chief Marketing Officer at Modern Campus, a leading edtech provider based in Toronto. Before that, he was Senior Vice President of Marketing & Sales Development at Keyfactor, and Senior Director of Global Marketing Performance at Micro Focus (acquired by OpenText). He has also held important positions at Axeda Corporation (acquired by PTC), Kalido, Inc. (acquired by Magnitude Software), BEA Systems, Inc. (acquired by Oracle), BroadVision, Inc., and IBM Canada Ltd. Jason has a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from McMaster University, a Certificate in Corporate Communications Post-Degree Co-Op (Honours) from Seneca College of Applied Arts & Technology, and is a Certified Advertising Agency Practitioner from the Institute of Canadian Advertising.
Jason lives in downtown Peterborough with his wife Ruth and their three dogs, while his daughter Kate attends Trent University. In his spare time you’ll find Jason at his Haliburton cottage, paddleboarding on the Otonabee, or enjoying everything Peterborough has to offer.
Grab your lunch and a notepad for this lunchtime workshop. Reserve your spot below or click here for more.
This workshop will be held in-person at the Innovation Cluster located at: 270 George Street, N., 3rd Floor, Peterborough, Ontario K9J 3H1
This Market Research workshop, delivered by Innovation Cluster, is part of the Business Fundamentals Workshop Series presented in collaboration with Community Futures Peterborough and the Peterborough & the Kawarthas Business Advisory Centre.