Promote Peterborough & the Kawarthas to Key Audiences
Social Media Refresh
In 2022, PKED redeveloped both websites to reflect better the needs of businesses, investors, and visitors. In January of 2023, further changes were made to align our online marketing efforts through a new social media strategy, which included making some significant changes to our social media platforms, including:
Existing Instagram and Facebook pages – Dedicated to supporting and celebrating small-to-medium-sized businesses, becoming genuine reflections of the region’s collaborative and supportive small business ecosystem, and highlighting PKED’s core involvement and leadership alongside our partners in economic development.
LinkedIn and Twitter pages – Streamlined to communicate local business and investment-related news, providing valuable information to the local audience while highlighting the community’s benefits to external audiences.
New investment-focused Instagram and Facebook social media accounts – Strengthen the awareness and reputation of PKED while establishing the new “InvestPTBO” campaign to effectively position Peterborough & the Kawarthas as a destination of choice for visitors, businesses, entrepreneurs, investors, and students.
The Small Business Newsletter was also refreshed to align with the updated social media channels.
Advertising & Content Development
Ontario By Bike Spring Cycling Campaign
Continued investment in cycle tourism, which is on an upswing in Ontario
- The average amount spent per trip by cyclists in Ontario is $404 compared to $233/trip by non-cyclists. They spend the most on food, beverages, and overnight accommodations.
- 78% of cycling visits are overnight compared to 35% by non-cyclists. The average length of stay is 3.7 nights compared to 1.4 nights by non-cyclists
Highly sought-after annual cycling guide – go-to trip planning resource reaching travellers and cycling enthusiasts looking to explore Ontario by Bike.
- Full Page Print ad in English & French. Distributed across Ontario, Quebec, Canada, and the USA
- E-Newsletter advertising – March & April
- 2023 Ontario Show Event Partnership – Peterborough & the Kawarthas showcased at Ontario Cycle Tourism Information Centre at 4 Ontario consumer shows geared towards cyclists/outdoor enthusiasts (average show cost $6000-$9000. Partnership format = significant savings)
Showcasing Starter Company Plus Success Stories
Following the success of the Starter Company Plus Showcase held at Market Hall in February, PKED partnered with Kawartha Now to do a series of profiles on a number of the graduates of the 2020-2022 Starter Company Plus program, leading up to the April 1st launch of the 2023 Spring intake.
- Four Peterborough Entrepreneurs Overcome Pandemic Challenges to Launch Businesses with Focus on Helping People
- Pandemic Inspires Six Peterborough Entrepreneurs to Establish Sought-After Service-Based Businesses
- Six Peterborough Entrepreneurs Take Their Creative Ventures to the Next Level
- A Commitment to Community Brings Success To Seven Peterborough County Entrepreneurs
- Starter Company Plus Helps Peterborough-Area Entrepreneurs Turn Their Business Ideas into Reality